- From £48 per person for a private group
- All equipment provided
- Exciting part of coast with cliff jumps & swimming sections
- Instant Booking with Bookado
What is coasteering?
Coasteering originated as a combination of mountaineering and orienteering. Coasteering combines sea swimming, low level climbing, traversing, natural rapid riding and ledge leaps into deep water plunge pools. It is very popular as a group activity, including Hen parties, Stag parties and family groups. Although this sounds like a summer activity, it is actually available all year round as a wetsuit is very good at keeping you warm.
The Cornish Wave coasteering experience
The Classic Coasteering experience in Cornwall encompasses all the elements that go into making a great Coasteering experience. Enjoy sections of adventure swimming, rock hopping, sluices, whirlpools, cave exploration, low level traversing, sea survival skills and jumps to complete the Classic Coasteer.
This coasteering session is situated in Newquay, not far from the popular Towan beach. This coastline promises a fantastic coasteering experience. If you’re fearless, you’ll experience wild swimming, deep water cliff jumps, sluices, gullies & whirlpools. If only parts of that appeal to you, then don't worry, you can always skip the parts that you would rather avoid.
Many safety precautions are taken to make this the safest experience possible. We have highly trained guides, years of experience and full insurance.
What happens on the day?
First of all, a warm welcome from your knowledgeable guide. After that you’ll be sized up for your wetsuit before getting into your buoyancy aid & helmet. Make sure you bring your swimming costume, old trainers and a towel. Once everyone is ready, it’s a short walk to the Coasteering Newquay location. Before we get in, we’ll cover the details of what to expect and the skills & techniques you’ll need to help you enjoy your Coasteer session. You won’t have to do anything you don’t want to – you can take it easy or push your limits. You don’t need to complete any big jumps in order to make the next section. Make it as easy or as hard for yourself as you wish.
- After equipment fitting, the session will last 2 hours.
- All safety equipment
- Buoyancy aids
- Experienced coasteering guide
- A wetsuit to keep you warm
- Although you will have a buoyancy aid, you will need to be able to swim to take part
- Please bring, trainers, swimming costume and a pair of old trainers
- Coasteering experience Newquay operated by Cornish Wave
- This activity is dependent upon tidal conditions, we will be in touch should a change be required.
Available on the Bookado Gift Card